The Department provides clinical services for the dental health of children on all aspects of dental care: from infancy to adolescence; on healthy children and the medically compromised child.
The variety of treatments offered by the Department:
- Children's first aid and advice consultation for pains, oral and dental infections
- Routine dental care for children and adolescents
- Baby/ infant and toddler clinic-treatments and advice for toddler ages 12 to 36 months, early childhood caries risk assessment.
- Treatment of children with developmental problems, special needs such as mental retardation, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism and other congenital syndromes.
- Treating medical compromised children including those who are under oncology care, children with respiratory diseases, neurological, cardiology, and other systemic diseases.
- Dental sedation and general anesthesia – in cases of significant medical problems, sensory impairment, mental or physical, extreme anxiety or severe early childhood caries in toddlers.
- "Multi-sensory room ("snoezelen"), a new method which evokes a sense of comfort by sensory stimulation in a quiet and pleasant atmosphere. This is done with the combination of relaxing music, special lighting and color wheel projection and shapes on the ceiling and walls.
Chair of the Department: Prof. Diana Ram
Department assistant: Ms.Ortal Gueta. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic: opening hours: Sunday to Thursday from 08:00 am to 4:00 pm
Emergency (no previous appointment):
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 08:00 to 09:30.
Wednesday from 09:00 to 10:00.
The Clinic is situated in the entrance of the Faculty of Dental Medicine. Tel 02-6776168