The Hebrew University-Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine was founded in 1953 as a joint initiative of the Hebrew University, Hadassah and the Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity. The faculty provides the highest standard of Dental Medicine through a comprehensive approach involving the training of dentists and dental auxiliary professionals, extensive community outreach programs and innovative research into dental diseases, application of new technologies in the field and extensive research in the craniofacial complex.
The agreement between the Hebrew University which was founded in 1925 as a research university and Hadassah determines that the first three out of six years of studies, towards a D.M.D. degree, are under the general responsibility of the Hebrew University, called the pre-clinical years, while Hadassah will be responsible for the following three clinical years. Thus, the Faculty of Dental Medicine is comprised of two main sectors; the pre-clinical and the clinical departments.
Read more >